We just added more rooms on Thursday at the discounted group rate.
Let us know if they tell you the block rate is not available and we can see if we can get more rooms at the discounted rate.
You can leave a comment here and we will reply to it or email us at
There seems to be some issue with their booking system, so a phone call is probably your best bet.
As of On Monday (07.21.2014), Ms Zhao said the group had 3 rooms available on Wednesday, Sep 17th, 6 rooms on Thursday, Sep 18th, 8 rooms on Friday, Sep 19th, 7 rooms on Sat, Sep 20th, 6 rooms on Sun, Sep 21st and 3 rooms available on Mon, Sep 22nd
- Call 1-800-228-9290 during business hours.
- The Group code to use is “EMWEMWA”.
- Ask for Grace Zhao if you encounter any problems at all (eg: they say no rooms are available at the block rate).
- For the Eschman and Meyer Wedding Room Block
- The rate is effective Thursday, September 18th to Monday, September 23rd and the last day to book by is August 29th
- The Special group rate for Oakland Marriott City Center is 129.00 USD per night
- Eschman and Meyer Wedding Room Block
- Oakland Marriott City Center | Courtyard Oakland Downtown | Oakland Convention Center
- 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- ph: (510) 466-6413
- fax: (510) 839-0677
AirBNB and VRBO
I found some really cool options on AirBNB. You could even get a house for multiple people and save even more.
I saw a few places in Oakland for less than $100 a night that said they could hold 5 people.
We have yet to talk to any hotels, but hope to get a discount rate at one or more for people in town for the wedding.
Stay tuned here for any updates. If you find or know of a gem, let me know in the comments and I can add it.
Updates to come, but here are some hotels in old town Oakland, near Jack London.
- 495 10th Street Oakland, CA 94607
- (510) 452-1776
- Looks like you can book online here.
- Yelp Trip Advisor
988 Broadway · Oakland, CA 94607
Their regular rate is the same as the discounted block rate at the Marriott and it is literally across the street.
Here are some other hotels around there as well, I just don’t know anything specific about them, but Yelp can probably fill in blanks.